Went to the 3rd Philly Food Swap this evening.
I traded some packets of my amazing pita chips, quarts of vegetable stock, and the last three half pints of uninspiring sour cherry sauce (that refused to be jam) from last season.
In return, I got
- 6oz homemade dried linguini in 3 flavors
- homemade frozen spinach ravioli
- (let’s just assume homemade for everything and be gleeful) pasta soup
- spicy mustard
- caramelized onion confit with balsamic vinegar, honey, brandy, and rosemary
- cranberry chutney
- blackberry infused vinegar
- a pint of pickled peaches with a cinnamon stick
- 2 frozen babka loaves to be baked at my leisure
- a loaf of yogurt cake with orange zest
- vegan spicy chocolate cookies that are nothing like the ones I know how to make
- vegan chai cookies
- orange ginger curd
- chocolate covered potato chips that aren’t particularly good
- chocolate dipped cookie dough balls, which are
- candied walnuts, which I gave to my neighbors hanging out on their steps as I came home
I love food swapping!
But! Let me tell you!
It didn’t fully register at the time, but someone looked at my labels on the pita chips and said, “Oh! You’re Nocounterspace.”
As in recognizing, not just reading the label.
From someone who doesn’t know me at all.