To Do List
Cooking with Catladies – experiment 1
- Thai beet slaw/salad (needs a better name)
- peel and slice thinly 1 beet
- shred a complementary amount of purple cabbage
- halve a purple onion and slice one thinly
- Jalapeno, seeded, sliced into thin matchsticks (core reserved for stock)
- make dressing of:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (still haven’t decided between rice vinegar for the thai theme or red wine vinegar for the color theme)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp good olive oil
- toss together with some generous grinds of black pepper
- give a further toss with 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- ETA:decided on 1 teaspoon of each kind of vinegar – needs more lime juice!
- Thai-inspired chickpea taco filling (version 1)
- Drain a can of chickpeas
- fry 1 tsp shredded fresh coconut (no really, from a coconut – no sugar added), purple onion, garlic, ginger, cilantro stems, jalapeno flesh in 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add half the can of chickpeas, juice of 1/2 the lime, 1 bay leaf, and some lime zest
- Add a mixture of vegetable stock and water and cook until no longer thin.
- Thai-inspired chickpea taco filling (version 2)
- fry 1 tsp fresh coconut in 2 tsp olive oil
- add 1/2 tsp thai green curry paste
- Add the rest of the chickpeas and a similar mixture of vegetable stock and water
- cook until no longer thin
- ETA: Instead of one or the other, it should be both – add some green curry paste to the first recipe to give it a yummy base flavor. And don’t forget to add a little salt in the cooking
Hang up stuff in closet
Clean off kitchen table
1 hr pilates
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 at 12:12 am and is filed under Cooking with Catladies, Events/Promotions, experiments, Food, salad, vegan, vegetarian. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.