I had people over at my house this weekend, so now I have a weird set of food to figure out.
collard greens (possibly getting too old)
1 aging lime
4 winter Roma tomatoes
innards of a roasted acorn squash
sour cream (unopened, so that’ll keep)
scallion cream cheese
1/2 a round of goat cheese brie
2 packages chicken breasts
2 dozen eggs (they were cute little pullet eggs)
homemade pita chips of awesome
leftover potato chips
eggplant dip of awesome
tasty herbed mayonnaise
half an opened can of tahini
2 containers of indian stuff I can’t identify
Can I turn this stuff into food?
– So the eggplant dip – there’s a
lot pint of it. It was a whole eggplant, roasted, and then pureed with spices. I don’t think I want to eat it as dip. So I have some cubes of roasted lamb in the freezer. And I was thinking egg noodles with that… but now I’m thinking mashed potatoes and shepherd’s pie. Possibly there should be mushrooms in that dish.
– Chicken breasts. With pomegranate? And lemon? If I roast chicken breasts with pomegranate in my white casserole dishes, will they stain? Is there anything else from this list that can go in that dish? Yes to a jalepeno pepper. No to tomatoes. Maybes to the apples, the acorn squash, and the collard greens.
– Hummus and/or tahini. Given that I will not be frying up falafel, what else is hummus good for? Right – pita chips.
– apples and goat cheese… salad?
– pesto risotto (using the stock!) with roasted grape tomatoes. I’d need to buy parmesan cheese.
– chicken raft