A friend of mine at work is getting married. So when word came around that there might be a bridal shower, I mentioned that I studied little tea sandwiches in college.
…sadly, this is not much of an exaggeration.
So I am contributing at least part of the food.
Here be menu planning
- I don’t want to give anyone food poisoning
- *maybe* a microwave for heating things
- Everything should come out in one go and appear effortless
- Guest of honor does not like seafood
Coronation chicken (maybe with sultanas) in parkerhouse rolls with a bit of lettuce
– pre-bought rolls
– container with chicken
– stuff at work
Roasted tomatoes with basil & feta in parmesan cups
– make parmesan cups ahead of time, cool, and just put in a plastic bag to transport
– roast tomatoes that morning so they don’t have a chill from the refrigerator and that should be warm enough
Veggie (& Chicken?) stir-fry in wonton cups
– again, make cups ahead and bring in a bag – no not trip on the way to work
– microwave stir fry and fill cups – with as little liquid as possible because that makes for a nasty surprise
[Redacted]’s bacon horseradish dip on triskets
– pretty container that can just be opened and put on a serving tray
And maybe some real little sandwiches, but I don’t have much patience for them.
I think I like this web page for that, and the likeliest suspects are:
- Cucumber sandwiches
- Pepper Cheese sandwiches
- and possibly my own egg salad recipe